- Archaeological Discovery in Inner Mongolia: Jimingyi Ruins & Tombs - News about the discovery of several tombs, ash pits, and kilns near the village of Yushuliang in Hohhot’s Horinger County.
- Archaeologists Resume Excavations at the Ancient Town of Miran (米兰) After a 40-Year Hiatus [Part 1 of 2] - A short background on the discovery and excavation of the ancient town of Miran in Xinjiang in the early twentieth century.
- Archaeologists Resume Excavations at the Ancient Town of Miran (米兰) After a 40-Year Hiatus [Part 2 of 2] - An overview of the results of the latest round of excavations and survey work carried out at the Miran site.
- Conservation of Existing Cultural Artefacts in Shandong Province Will Take at Least 200 Years - An article about the current shortage of qualified conservators and archaeologists in Shandong Province.
- Friday Video: “Reinventing the Manchus: An Imperial People in Post-Imperial China” - Professor Mark Elliott’s lecture on the history and future of Manchu ethnic identity and what it means for modern-day China.
- Friday Video: Scottish Ten: Documenting the Eastern Qing Tombs, China - A video about Scottish Tean’s efforts to digitally capture and preserve the Eastern Qing Tombs.
- Friday Video: The Forgotten Kingdom - A team of researchers and students from the University of Northampton visited Lijiang last year to learn more about Naxi culture and Dongba script.
- University of Westminster: MPhil/PhD Studentships for Research Project on “Conflicts in Cultural Value: Localities & Heritage in Southwestern China” - Details about the University of Westminster’s MPhil/PhD studentships and how to apply for them.
- Villagers Discover Ancient Tomb After Draining Pond for Farming Purposes - An ancient tomb was discovered when a group of Anhui villagers drained a pond for the purpose of growing crops.
Monthly Round-Up: February 2013 at a Glance
Tags: Archaeology, China, China's Ethnic Minorities, chinese archaeology, Cultural Heritage, Eastern Qing Tombs, Heritage Conservation, Inner Mongolia, Minority Languages, Scottish Ten, Shandong, Social SciencesBy Kelly M in Archaeology, Cultural Heritage, Documentaries, Education, Ethnic Minorities, Heritage Conservation, Heritage Protection, Historic Sites, Inner Mongolia, Manchu Culture, Minority Languages, Naxi Culture, News, Shandong Province, Translated Articles, Videos, Writing Systems, Xinjiang, Yunnan Province on .